What kind of pillows are good for migraines?
- Best memory foam pillow: Tempur-Neck Pillow.
- Best cooling pillow: The Hullo Buckwheat Pillow.
- Best adjustable pillow: Mediflow Water Pillow.
- Best hypoallergenic pillow: Xtreme Comforts Hypoallergenic Shredded Memory Foam Pillow.
- Best-value memory foam pillow: Epabo Contour Memory Foam Pillow.
Can your pillow cause migraines? Wait, can pillows cause headaches? They sure can. An awkward neck position throughout the night will strain neck muscles, which in turn creates tension at the base of your head.
How should you sleep to avoid migraines?
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
- Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
- Make the room you sleep in dark and quiet.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol.
- Try not to watch TV, use the computer, or text on your cellphone in bed just before you go to sleep.
How do I stop waking up with a migraine? Identify and avoid triggers: Keep a journal to determine migraine triggers and avoid or limit these where possible. Practice sleep hygiene: Go to bed and get up at the same time each day, if possible. Avoid caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol before bed, as these can negatively affect sleep quality.